While I am fully committed to supporting our students as they uncover their own inner warriors, I’ll be the first to admit that connecting to my own inner sources of strength and compassion is HARD sometimes! So, for a week in which I didn’t always feel so “warrior-ish”, I thought I’d take a moment to identify some things that DID help me connect to my inner warrior this week:
- Attending THREE different meetings/events to address the business side of Warrior Rising. Talking/planning/dreaming of the future is scary/overwhelming/exciting/gratifying!!
- Really showing up for a newly postpartum friend and her family during those intense first few days. Not to mention, snuggling and loving up their scrumptious newborn!
- Getting slammed with an even-crazier-than-normal Thursday morning routine with the family and still – somehow – accomplishing everything that needed to happen in half the time we usually have. With minimal yelling. Big accomplishment.
- Teaching a great two-hour class in which I challenged myself as a teacher and had the honor of assisting my first celebrity student. I know, I know, it’s yoga – all students are created equal. Still, it was kinda cool!
- Witnessing filial excellence at two soccer games, a baseball game and a violin concert this week.
- Deciding to spend 2 precious post-bedtime hours with my husband…cooking. With Dan on the grill and me at the stove and oven, we warriored through a slew of veggies and shrimp that would have gone bad otherwise. Happiness is a full fridge of left-overs.
Wow. Just taking the time to put this in print has shifted my perception of this entire week. Seriously – a week with all of this in it does not suck. It is awesome.
So. As I step back into my day – what is it I need to remember? Gratitude. Acknowledgement. And when I get hit with that feeling of overwhelm? Take a moment to write down everything that is working. And then? WERK IT, GIRL.
Warrior on, Warriors! Have a great weekend.