Today, I am celebrating spring! Really, how could you not?? It’s currently 73 degrees and sunny here in beautiful Hastings on Hudson, NY. Which translates into tank-top-and-flip-flops weather, at least for me. Wheeee!
With all this gorgeousness and the spring solstice this week, I’ve been noticing a lot of shifts happening in my daily life. See if any of this sounds familiar. Just this week, all of this has happened:
- I dusted off my bike, put air in the tires, and got out on the road twice this week.
- While consciously trying to drink more water, I accidentally stopped drinking coffee. It just started leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
- Instead of coffee, I made my own blend of iced tea. (So easy!)
- I decided enough was enough, and quit snacking on processed foods. Found it suddenly so NOT a big deal to eat fresh foods instead.
- I started craving fresh veggies instead of cooked.
- I’ve taken every opportunity this week to get moving. (My dog is so much happier!)
The funny thing is, I’d been trying to make some of these shifts happen, without a ton of success. And now suddenly, it’s spring! Things are changing for the better without me even realizing it! Everything that’s good and healthy doesn’t feel like so much of a drag anymore – instead, it feels easy-peasy!
That, my friends, is the magic of changing seasons. There is an inherent sense of possibility in the air in springtime. All that has laid dormant, or been buried deep in the earth, is re-awakening and blossoming all around us. And if we pay attention – or even if we don’t! – it’s possible to notice this same process happening inside each of us. From potential to reality, from dream-state to awake-state, from seed to bud to flower: what are you blossoming this spring??
Just as spring is an excellent time to make conscious changes in your life (small or big), it’s also a time to listen and be led by the shifting energies of the season. Perhaps some new possibility will reveal itself to you. Maybe you’ll find yourself suddenly ready to act on something that previously seemed to too risky or out-of-reach.
How are you celebrating spring? Have you noticed any shifts happening in your life? What new possibilities are revealing themselves to you these days?
PS – Time for a shameless plug! If spring has you wanting to get active, why not discover your fitness potential with Warrior Rising’s 9 Week Spring Challenge?